The DPW Challenge for the week is a limited stroke painting. I set one of our tomatoes on the windowsill, and had to work fast. The light kept moving, and Holly was due home from preschool in 20 minutes. I made a rough sketch and estimated a minimum number of strokes to fill in the painting – I planned for 20. For this challenge lifting the brush = one stroke. Then I mixed generous piles of paint and filled in each area one stroke at a time. Some of my strokes were pretty noodle-y. I made a mark on my palette for each one, to keep track. I finished with 22. I wanted to do more to fix it up and make it better, but I ran out of time and wanted to stay with the spirit of the exercise. It was fun. All the entries at the DPW site look amazing with their little catalogs of paint color dabs.